Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WIP #6

This is my WIP (works in progress) # 6

I made this table runner using the 

quilt block "Ocean Waves" awhile back.



 I was debating on how I would quilt this..?

  Traditional or modern?

I had my walking foot attached to the machine

and decided to use just the straight stitch,

using variegated thread.

 
So I started to quilt the wavy lines  trying to imitate

the lines in the fabric.


I love the wonky movement in this runner!




I used a white fabric on the back - where


you can see the wonky stitching.

Measures 41" long and 19" wide


---------------------

Going through my fabric stash (oh my!)

I decided to postpone my WIP and use

some of the fabrics that I have been collecting.

Stay tuned!

----------------------

Around Lancaster

 

 I was looking out the back door and saw this beautiful


sky line! 

 

 

Taking a walk in Long's Park the other day where 


there were lots of Seagulls (herring?) 

 


 Walking around I saw this tree that had

recently fell, probably during the last

bad storm. 

Happy Quilting!




2 comments:

  1. Love your runner, love the back even more! I'm a sucker for white backs and pretty quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was really a test but I think that it came out very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on my blog