Thursday, April 9, 2015

Landscape Fabrics

Dyeing fabric is like playing 

to me.

So I have been playing for awhile

and creating some landscape fabrics.

Here's what I've come up with so far.



A Shibori Sun shining - pole wrapped -

Arashi Shibori. This is a Fat Quarter

but I made a larger one


This one measures 26" x 46" using

the same method of pole wrapping.


I love the lines and ghost prints

on this one. 

The very first one that I made was a

couple of years ago And used it on

one of my Landscape quilts.


I didn't want the entire sun in the quilt

so I cut part of it off. I love the effect

that it has on the piece.

Another piece that I was working on is


Fabric for Stones and Rocks - you could

also used it for mountains and cliffs.

Here's one on a larger scale


One more


Wood Grain is done the Shibori way.

Nui Shibori technique - which is basically a 

runny stitch.

By stitching rows and rows of small stitches 


closely together and then pulling the thread 

to gather the fabric tightly before dyeing.

This piece was dyed twice - over dyed. 


I'm happy with the results!

All of the above Fabric are now on sale

in my Etsy shop.

It was so much fun to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog