I'm making progress using some of my
I was thinking what patterns I could make
to use up some of the purple fabrics that
I saw a strip quilt on Pinterest and decided
to try one.
I used some out of print fabrics that I was
saving for what - I don't know....? It felt
good to finally use them.
The back is one solid piece of purple polka dots.
For the quilting; I used channel straight line
with my walking foot.
This measures about 37" x 39".
I had so much fun (and a lot of left over fabric)
that I decided to make another one.
# 2 - I added more purples and a piece
of my hand dyed fabric in blue. And also
some of the purple polka dot fabric left over
from the back of #1. As a matter of fact -
that middle row with all of the different
rectangles is a cut off of #1 also.
Channel straight line quilting on this one
also. But I had no backing - so I had to break
down and buy some.
Pretty in purples chevron pattern - gives
it a very modern look.
This one measures about 34" x 40".
These were fun and they're easy to make
and use up some of your stash.
I've also collected 2 more bags to donate.
Spring cleaning! I have one more bin
to go through.
I took a walk in the back of my yard -
since all of the snow had melted - Yay!
And spotted these pretty little crocus shooting
I walked further down by the little creek
and peeked in at the bottom of the tree
and saw some strange fungi growing.
And then further down I couldn't believe
My Neighbors - tree limbs all over the place
from the storm that we had. What a mess!
But you know I was thinking that better
down there than close to the house like
I had. It was one terrible winter all over.
I have to thank my son for sawing and
taking away all of the fallen limbs.