Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP #3




I'm sitting here looking out of my window

and it's snowing AGAIN! {{{sigh}}

I can't remember a winter with so much 

snow!

I'm taking some of my Baltimore blocks 

and making them into wall hangings.

This one just needed a little more hand quilting

and I also added some embroidery - a binding

and finished!




"Rose Wreath with Red Birds"
This block can be found in "Baltimore Beauties 
and Beyond" Volume One by Elly Sienkiewicz.
This block is dated 1854.


I used the back basting method on this piece
for needle turn applique.

It measures about 20" x 20" finished.

Here's a very good tutorial by
I added some embroidery around the flowers

 Sleeve added


There are many tutorials on how to add

a sleeve to your quilt but I like Susan's

You can find it here Sleeve

I'm making good progress in finishing

my WIP (works in progress) - it's very

satisfying!  

I hope that you're inspired to finish yours

also. 

**********************

The other day we had warm air coming

in  and with the snow still on the ground

it created a very dense fog.

It looks so eerie! But I think it has some
kind of mystifying beauty.

Of course my little friend was back!

He probably can't wait for spring either!

Have a great week and Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog