Thursday, February 6, 2014

Coin Quilt finished

 Here's the post that shows how I quilted it
Process Here

Well the weather has been crazy not 

only here in Lancaster but across the country!

Lots and lots of snow and ice!

Which gave me time to finish the Coin Quilt

that I was working on in my previous post.

(For sale in my Etsy shop HERE)



The stitches are big stitch as I mentioned,I quilted

in straight rows. The threads are various colors

which match the fabric.





 I enjoy making  coin quilts as it's a way of showcasing
 your fabrics.

 After it is washed you can see the little puffs

which I like to do in children's quilts. I feel

that they should be cuddly for them not too

flat with a lot of quilting. 

It's a small crib quilt which measures 33 1/2"

by 37 1/2".


 The back is a pretty pink floral.



 I'm happy that another WIP quilt top is finished!

Now to pick the next one which will also probably

be hand quilted. 

The weather forecast is saying - what else - more

snow! ugh

The other day we had snow and ice which resulted

in many, many of my tree limbs cracking and falling.




 I am happy that it missed my windows but so

sad because it broke my rose trellis! 

 Too much snow and ice for the poor trees

to bear.

 What a mess! I'm so happy that my swing

was not broken!

 All the way down to the little creek tree limbs

everywhere.  Way in the back are branches

of my neighbor's Willow tree which was so

beautiful.  I cannot even bear to go down there

and look.  All these fallen limbs caused power

outages all over and we lost power for one day.

Some people still don't have any.

I'm still feeding the birds which gives me so

much joy! They are so much fun to watch.

Morning Dove




                                                       A Bluejay with attitude

This is one of my favorite birds! She's a small 

Red bellied woodpecker. I took this before the 

storm.  I'm shooting through my glass sliding 

doors. Sometimes the photo comes out good

sometimes not.

These birds light up the dreary winter months.

Stay warm and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog