Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vicksburg Quilt also Lancaster County

Last week, Dawn from
Linen Closet Quilts
, gave us the last instructions
for finishing our Vicksburg quilt!!!

I still consider myself a "new" quilter and
was a bit apprehensive about the blocks
not only being "on point" but also having
"cornerstones". I've have only made 1 quilt
on point and never one with cornerstones.
I was a little concerned that I would screw
it up but I didn't!


I'm really liking it!

I was trying to use whatever I had
in my stash - no buying new fabric
as Dawn had suggested. And I'm
happy to report that I did it! I just
needed more beige/neutral for the border
and didn't have any BUT I did have
a couple of yards of white on white.



So I thought "Why not tea dye it?"
And that's what I did and I think it
came out very good.

* All I have left to do now is to applique
twelve pieces onto the borders and
four swags.
* Square up the top
* then add the borders

I just love the way Dawn's quilt came out
Go and take a peek!

Topiaries
Conestoga Gardens
(click on the pic to enlarge)

Love the bird's nest in the hat

Have been waiting so long
for the horse to "fill in"
I passed this way almost every day.



Dragonfly or butterfly?

A bear lifeguard!

Kitchen Kettle Village
Intercourse, Pa.

Buggy Rides!


I buy my plants here every year.



In back of the parking lot.
Glorious sky!

Lancaster is a Great place to visit -
but a better place to live!




8 comments:

  1. It's looking really nice! :) I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Linda well done indeed!
    The tea dye was a great idea too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dawn yet again for the great BOM!
    I can't wait for the next one!
    And Thank you AQS! (whispers - They read my blog? (-:
    Thank you Tammy - Yes, the tea dye worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh how can I forget my DD - Thank you!xxxxxxoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Vicksburg quilt turned out very well. I was searching for images of some of Dawn Heese's quilts and that is how I found your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Karen! It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on my blog