Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vicksburg Block #2

Dawn over at Linen Closet Quilts is
having a Free BOM.
Pat Sloan has set up a Forum and
also a Flickr group for our photos.
~Thanks Pat!

If you are interested in joining -
Click on the image on the right
side of the page to find out more.

Here's my Block #2


I used the freezer paper (under) method instead
of my usual back-basting method for this block.
It's been awhile since I appliqued with freezer
paper - I had to brush up!


For the rosebud - I chose a three dimensional look.
You cut a circle - fold the circle in half - fold the left
side to the middle - then the right side to the middle
overlapping a wee bit. Take a needle & thread and
about 1/8" from the bottom make a running stitch
and gather just a little. And there you have your
rosebud.

Hope you all will come on over and join us
for the fun!

2 comments:

Thank you for Commenting on my blog