Thursday, November 5, 2015

I'm a member of a local Quilt History Study 

Group; so Antique quilts inspire me.




I made this little doll quilt with 

a matching tote. It's styled after

 an Antique Medallion doll quilt

It measures 14" x 14" and I hand


quilted it only in the ditch. Doing

that gives the quilt a nice puffy look.




I love the fabric in this quilt; the

only problem is that I bought it as

a remnant and the selvage was cut off.

I'm in love with such treasures from the 

past!

This would make such a cute gift for

a girl of any age.



Living here in Lancaster county; I'm 

always inspired by Amish, Mennonite and

Vintage quilts.



I made this small wall hanging which

measures 21" x 21".

Pinwheel is the center design which has 

printed fabric; unlike the Amish that use 

mostly solids - it is machine quilted with 

a more modern quilting design - Amish quilts 


are hand quilted with feathers, flowers or 

other motifs.


Both are for sale in my Etsy shop.
(see side bar)

Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog