Sunday, July 26, 2015


The garden is very happy after a nice

soaking rain.




I have been experimenting with more

fabric manipulation before dyeing.



Including some sun prints - I love the 

results of this piece.

I used 100% Kona Cotton The thread count for kona cotton is 60 by 60
a tighter weave and a heavier weight

I do not buy PDF(prepared for dyeing) fabric - I wash all of my fabric in very
hot water and washing soda to remove sizing and chemicals - at this point the fabric also shrinks. What this means to you is that you should not have any significant shrinkage after washing my (pre-treated) fabrics.



I used two different technique in this piece

 - stitch resist and pole wrapped Arashi 

Shibori -- Colors are Aqua and black with 

some greys - very striking!




Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog