Monday, February 2, 2015

Projects

It's a very grey and dreary day today. We had

some light snow which turned to rain last night.

Now everything is slushy. At least it's above freezing.

I'm working on a baby quilt for a gift and I love this

pattern that me and my local quilt group have decided

to make. 



Tumbling blocks! I've always wanted to make one 

of these but because of the diamond shapes - didn't.

But there's a pattern by Bethany Reynolds called

"Talking Blocks" which is so easy and uses half square

triangles!  Here's the 

pattern http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/talkingblocks.html


Super easy!  I'm in the process of hand quilting it now

with "big stitch".  My mistake with this quilt is that I 

should have had deeper purples so that the blocks are

more distinct looking.  

You can have so much fun with colors and prints with

this pattern!  

I'm also playing with making more hand dyed fabrics

and have added more to my Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/people/MaterialisticVisions



Some Heliographic print sets




And some shibori


Sold


Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog