Thursday, May 15, 2014

Eco Dyed - Onion Skins

As I wrote in my previous post -

I'm looking through the  fabric that 

I had echoed dyed back in 2010 - 2011.


The onion skins - The fabric turned

out (for me) like a mustard gold.

At first I had thought that it was

the tea dyed fabric but I did label

the fabrics and it was the onion skins.

I washed and ironed it and it still

held it's color!


Onion skin fabric purse
 Of course I just had to make a purse

out of it.  The lining inside the 

purse is the tea dyed - the outter

the Onion skins. You can definitely

see the difference in the colors.

Front of the purse - For sale in my Etsy Shop

 I hand embroidered some flowers

going to seed (i think) - with lots

and lots of French knots.

I'm very happy with the way that

it turned out. 

A couple of more pieces to go through

and I'll see what I can come up with

next. 

-------------

My daughter bought a new DSLR camera 

so.... she gave me her Sony! I have been 

using my Kodak point n shoot for the past

couple of years - it served me well!

Iris
 Now I have to learn more about

DSLR cameras. I took the Iris photo

with the Sony and didn't have to go

to photoshop to play with it. It 

created a very nice DOF (depth of

field) and it has more clarity and

sharpness than my Kodak. 

I can't wait to play some more!

Quilting, Dyeing, and 

Photography - oh my!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog