Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Autumn

Lady Autumn, Queen of the Harvest,
I have seen You in the setting Sun
with Your long auburn tresses...
You sit upon Your throne and watch
the dying fires of the setting Sun
shine forth its final colors in the sky...
Lady Autumn, You are here at last...
~Deirdre Akins


I love autumn, love the colors, and
the smells.

And so gathering up some of my hand
dyed fabrics; I decided to make something
to celebrate autumn.


A skinny table runner - 10" x 36" I love the colors!


There's some of my sun prints in there and
I use decorative stitches to frame it.

I tried for the very first time "wrap around binding"

I found a great tutorial here: http://www.maubys.net/2011/07/maubys-binding-series-part-six-wrap.html

at Maubys.net.  I found that the corners can be

very tricky.


And here's the back - I'm really loving these colors!

So much so that I decided to make some fabric

coasters!

 And quilted them with a modern flair!

Also made with my hand dyed fabrics.


 Here's the complete set - so bright and cheery!

My color inspiration ---







Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting on my blog