Monday, August 13, 2012

Been there done that

To practice any art, no matter how well
or badly, is a way to make your soul
grow.
So do it.

Kurt Vonnegut

Just some of my ramblings (-:

I get bored very easily. So, I'm always

looking to do something new or different.

I finally accepted the fact that I'm starting

a new chapter in my life. Change is good

and I'm looking ahead not back.

They say that your work reflects your

moods... how you feel, what your feeling,

etc., sometimes your not sure what your

feeling.

Right now I'm feeling Abstract. ...

Adjective: for Abstract

Existing in thought or as an idea but not having

a physical or concrete existence.

It doesn't really look like anything you can identify
.








Or this piece - where I just kept adding some

colors and letting them run. In this one though,

I swear I can see faces and hands!



Or this one, I had all the paints out and decided

to blend them all together. I really like this one!

I never thought that I would like abstract painting

because of a movie that stuck with me since

childhood.

What A Way To Go <----Click on the link -

it will take you to

Youtube - It's a movie with Paul Newman

as Larry Flint an artist. This machine paints

by sound....in the end the machine kills him

but it's not in the film clip.

I can't find a clip in English but you'll get the idea.

To be continued......





Later!








2 comments:

  1. Oh, i get bored easily, too... so I know how that can lead to one thing and then another! The abstracts are wonderful, I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vic! The funny thing is how you can doubt yourself.
    I was hesitant about listing that first one on Etsy and was
    pleasantly surprise when an an art teacher bought it!
    I am enjoying looking at your new applique work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on my blog