Tuesday, June 5, 2012


“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.

It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.”

― Ray Bradbury





I realized, after being a member of
Facebook for awhile; that many quilters
also enjoy gardening.

Flowers are in our quilts and the
beautiful color combinations. Maybe?






They are beautiful!

When I first moved in this house
about 10 years ago; this front yard
had one little bush in the middle of
it. I took it out put a little fir
tree in its place, kept adding and
moving; if you're a gardener you know
what I'm talking about. But haven't done much in the past 2 summers; since my husband
passed away I sort of lost my enthusiasm
to change it anymore. I like the way
it evolved and everything is filling
in nicely.


Back View

Last fall when I was trimming the
roses; I had thought that I trimmed
the Fairy Roses a little too much!
But now I can't believe how much
it's growing and spreading.

If you're looking for a show off
rose bush and you have a lot of
space - this is the rose to buy!

I love this color combination.




And St. Francis is still here -
a little worn but he's doing
his job well!







1 comment:

Thank you for Commenting on my blog