Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2010!

Hope everyone's Holidays were Great!

To ward off those "post holiday blues"; I

started and finished my Block 4 from Dawn's

BOM ~ Vicksburg. (see side bar for link)



I'm now caught up and will be working on block 5.

Haven't been sewing much for the past couple of
weeks but I have been knitting some.


I just love the feel of this yarn ~ it's called Sensations
Rainbow Boucle. I'm knitting together 2 strands and
I like the design that it's making. This yarn is
distributed by Jo-ann's Store. The colors are a
burgundy and tan and will be used as an afghan in
my living room.

To my absolute delight; I found out that a yarn store
just opened up recently in my neighborhood! It's
called Flying Fibers When I walked in I thought
I was in Yarn heaven! I couldn't walk out empty
handed now could I? So I bought this:




Isn't that beautiful! It's 80% cotton and 20% rayon ~
it has a light sheen to it. I'll have to search my patterns
to see what I can make with it.

And Oh, my daughter Lisa has been bitten by the
Crochet bug:

Is that adorable! She's making lots of baby sweaters
and hats
for her friends. Check out her blog
A Stitch in Time
She is a new blogger and she asked
what she should name her Crochet blog ~ I told her
name it The Happy Hooker but she wouldn't do it.
Kids! They're such prudes!


3 comments:

  1. Well....looks like you are off to a good start
    for the new year. I'm trying to work out a plan myself.....looks like some great yarns too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, knitting too. I love the look of the yarn. I love knitting, but only simple and small projects. I have many UFOs scarfs in bags. Knitting will keep you warm - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're certainly off to a very productive start for 2010. I will check out your daughter's blog. I recently saw some gorgeous pillowcases (probably on the Sis Boom Daydreams blog) with wonderful crocheted edges. Now I keep wondering if crochet is something I might want to learn....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on my blog