Monday, November 30, 2009

Friendship Star Block 1

I joined the group over at Block Party
See my side bar for the page.

Here's my first Block:



I also finished my Fabric Paper Art Quilt
This was from Linda Matthews "Free Lunch"
See my side bar.



I really had fun doing this project! The flower is a
photo that I took of a nasturtium in my garden.
I then printed it on tissue paper - another one
of Linda's lessons.

The background is paper fabric and also the leaves.
I used free motion, decorative and hand embroidery
stitches. I added my hand dyed cheesecloth and lots
of beads.
The orange fabric (border) is my hand dyed
fabric where I use Dylon Dyes.


This is my first attempt at an art quilt! I also
have two other paper fabric pieces to play with now.


I would like to encourage you to join Linda's "Free
Lunches"

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow....love your colors...on both..the block and your little art quilt!!
    That is one of my favorite star
    designs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Commenting on my blog